Foods Approved for Sale – Markets/Fairs/Fundraising
All foods sold at fairs, farmers markets, and bake sales are subject to the Randolph Co. Health Department ordinances and permitting requirements.
Foods that may be sold at the above mentioned events MUST display a visible placard at the site of the sale that says: “Foods sold are made in home kitchens that are NOT subject to regulation and inspection by the Health Department”.
The following foods may be sold at bake sales, craft fairs, and farmers markets:
- Cookies, Brownies, and Cakes
- Fruit Pies
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables (uncut)
The following foods may be sold, pending approval from the Health Department:
- Eggs (MO Department of Agriculture Egg License and cold storage required)
- Honey (product must be labeled appropriately with producer information, net weight, and ingredients)
- Jams, Jellies, Fruit Pie Fillings, and Pickles (product must be labeled appropriately with producer information, net weight, and ingredients).
- Frozen Meat from USDA or MO Dept. of Agriculture inspected facility.
- Fresh (not sealed), refrigerated salsa (with proof of inspection).
The following foods can not be sold:
- Pies containing eggs, milk, or milk products, including pumpkin, sweet potato, custards or cream pies
- Canned salsas and other home-canned products
- Meats that have no proof of inspection
- Raw Milk
Contact (660) 263-6643 Ex. 234 or 225 for questions.