Health education is important for your personal wellness as well as an effective way to promote a healthy lifestyle. Randolph County Health Department wants to make sure that you are maximizing your personal health by all means possible. We offer many different classes to our residents that cover a variety of topics. These classes can also offer you a support system and benefit your personal health and goals, whether it be learning more about breastfeeding or finding tools and support for quitting smoking. We also offer classes for improving safety in the workplace covering topics such as first aid and food handling. These classes provide you with the opportunity to earn certification. If you have any questions regarding our classes, feel free to contact the Randolph County Health Department by calling 660-263-6643 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Internationally Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) is available for consultation and trained peer counselors are on staff for added guidance and support. Peer Counselors can be reached on our warm line by calling or texting to answer questions or assist with problems you may be having with breastfeeding (also available after hours). (660-570-1677)
Latch and Learn
"Latch and Learn" is a monthly breastfeeding support group held the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 11:30 a.m. in the Education Room at the Health Department. This is an open discussion group available to pregnant and breastfeeding mothers and their support persons that want to learn more about the ins and outs of breastfeeding from other mothers and trained breastfeeding professionals.
CPR/First Aid Classes
- Pediatric Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED (5pm-9pm)*
- Tuesday, December 10th, 2019
- Tuesday, February 11th, 2020
- Tuesday, April 14th, 2020
- Tuesday, June 9th, 2020
- Tuesday, August 11th, 2020
- Tuesday, October 13th, 2020
- Tuesday, December 8th, 2020
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED (9am-1pm)*
- Wednesday, January 8th, 2020
- Wednesday, March 11th, 2020
- Wednesday, May 13th, 2020
- Wednesday, July 8th, 2020
- Wednesday, September 9th, 2020
- Wednesday, November 11th, 2020
- Online Courses are available with CPR Skill Check- Offs
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Online Course:
- Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Online Course:
- Heartcode BLS Online Course:
Food Managers' ClassClass Location: Randolph County Health Department Conference Room You must register to attend these classes at least 3 weeks prior to the class. Payment is expected when you register unless other arrangements are made with the instructor. Space is limited. Classes begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. (8-hour class).
- December 16, 2019
- March 23, 2020 - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
- June 22, 2020 - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
- September 21, 2020
- December 21, 2020
- You must pick up your book and pay for it at least one week prior to class.
- Class only cost is: $100.00
- Class and book cost is $150.00
Food Handlers' Class
In Person Class ($15.00)Randolph County Health Department (Class Time: 9:30 am, 2:00 pm, and 6:00 pm)
- (1st Tuesday of each month) (Each Class takes 45 minutes to 1 hour)
December 3rd, 2019
January 7th, 2020
February 4th, 2020
March 3rd, 2020
April 7th, 2020- CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
May 5th, 2020- CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
June 2nd, 2020- CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
July 7th, 2020- Masks are required. We are practicing social distancing and requiring reservations (12 people per class).
Aug 4th, 2020- Masks are required. We are practicing social distancing and requiring reservations (12 people per class).
Sept 1st, 2020
Oct 6th, 2020
November 3rd, 2020
December 1st, 2020