July 23, 2020 Randolph County COVID-19 Update
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 23, 2020
Randolph County COVID-19 Update
Randolph County, MO: The Randolph County Health Department has seen an increase in new COVID-19 cases over the last week. We are unable to do a press release for every case at this point and our focus must remain on contact tracing. If you were at a risk of exposure we will contact you directly. If we determine during our investigation that a person was at an event or business where further exposure could have occurred and we cannot contact or determine everyone involved we will do a press release with this information. We would like to remind everyone that we will not be providing any identifying information (age, gender, workplace, etc.) and that you should assume that anyone you come into contact with could be a potential carrier and take preventative measures to reduce the risk of contracting the virus including:
- – Practicing social distancing.
- – Wearing a mask when social distance cannot be maintained.
- – Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- – Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- – Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- – Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- – Stay home if you are sick and avoid any unnecessary travel.
Older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions may be at higher risk for more serious complications from COVID-19. If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop symptoms contact your healthcare provider for medical advice. Symptoms include:
- – Cough
- – Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- – Fatigue
- – Muscle or body aches
- – Headache
- – Loss of taste or smell
- – Sore throat
- – Congestion or runny nose
- – Nausea or vomiting
- – Diarrhea