The WIC program is designed to improve the nutritional health of women, infants and children, with the goal of improving the overall health of families. WIC serves pregnant women, breastfeeding women (up to 1 year after delivery as long as they are breastfeeding), postpartum women (up to 6 months after delivery), infants and children up to their 5th birthday.
What does the program offer?
- Benefits of WIC include:
- Nutrition education for families
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Breast Pump loan program
- Referrals to community resources
- Health Assessments
- Supplemental foods such as milk, cheese, eggs, fruits and vegetables, beans, peanut butter, juice, cereal, and infant formula and foods.
Who is specifically eligible?
- Pregnant women (and women up to 6 months after Pregnancy ends)
- Breastfeeding women (up to child’s 1st birthday)
- Infants (up to 1st birthday)
Children (up to 5th birthday) (Applicants must live in the state in which they apply and meet income guidelines.)
If you receive Medicaid, SNAP or TANF, you are automatically eligible for WIC benefits.
Additional Information for WIC Families
- Information for WIC Families
- Missouri WIC Approved Food List
- Missouri WIC Income Guidelines
- Breastfeeding Support Classes
- WIC on Facebook
- WIC tips on Pinterest
- What is Healthy Families?
Contact and Hours
WIC services are provided by appointment at the following location during operating times:
- Monday – Thursday from 8am-5pm
- Extended hours on Wednesdays 5:00-6:30pm by appointment only
- Walk ins Thursdays 9-11:30am and 1-3:30pm
If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment call (660) 263-6643 ext. 202 or ext. 205.